CNN, African Voices, by Errol Barnett (March 10, 2014) — Zoubida Charrouf is a professor and research scientist in Morocco who wanted to save the argan tree forests, which are indigenous to Morocco and deeply rooted in the country’s culture and history, but were in danger of being squeezed out between the advances of rapid regional development and the encroachment of the vast Sahara desert.
With her research, Charrouf discovered that argan oil, with its unique cosmetic and culinary qualities, could be the key to both saving the argan tree and empowering rural Berber women who had little opportunity for employment or education. Until, that is, the passion of one professor unlocked the door to what is now a remarkable story of environmental success and women’s empowerment.
CNN’s Errol Barnett interviews Zoubida Charrouf, the mother of the argan oil revolution in Morocco, in a three-part series for African Voices:
Watch it here:
Part 1: Passion drives Moroccan professor
Part 2: Inside Morocco’s argan oil co-op
Part 3: The business of argan oil
This article was published in Spa Australia (Jan 2013)
We changed our policy and are now offering FREE STANDARD POSTAGE AND HANDLING on all orders Australia wide!
Also, if your order is over $60, you will receive FREE EXPRESS POSTAGE AND HANDLING.
Order before 1pm and your order is posted out to you the same day.
Ever wondered why everyone is talking about Moroccan women and their beauty secrets?
Fir centuries we have practiced the same body beauty regimen in the communal hammam bathhouses or in the privacy of our own bathroom.
You too can achieve healthy, glowing skin in 3 easy steps, 30 minutes, once a week.
To find out how, download your free booklet here.
As we start 2014, I cannot help but look back at 2013 and list the many highs and some of the lows we had in the past year.
- 2013 saw us partner with the Peninsula Hot Springs, Australia’s first and largest first and largest thermal hot springs and spa centre. Check out the new Moroccan treatments on offer and the group hammam package.
- John Cotti saw his dream come true when he opened the magnificent Signature Spa Wellness Centre in Sydney. Designed over 3 opulent levels featuring 13 multi-purpose pods and 8 dedicated couple’s suites comprising of old-world traditional water therapies treatments such as the Hammam, Geisha Bath, Mineral and Thermal Therapy and the Dry Floatation. An amazing achievement and we are excited to be have partnered with them.
- Sarah Wilson, journalist, blogger and auther of I Quit Sugar, posted a blog post and a photo of her 5 favourite products after which our website crashed 6 times that week.
- Good Health Magazine wrote about us, you can read it here and here.
- I shared the dream I have with the Commonwealth Bank’s Women In Focus Group.
- Television show Getaway spent a day at the Spa at the Darling and had a Moroccan Hammam Ritual.
- International website healthspaguru.com named the top 5 hotel spas in Australia and picked out our Moroccan Hammam ritual as one of the best.
- We launched a Moroccan gourmet food range under the name Mira’s Table.
- I became friends with the lovely people at B’stilla, made a few suggestions to add to their menu and they tanked me with my name on the menu.
- Last but not least, the support I have received from clients (some who are now friends) has been nothing more than encouraging and kept me going. Just whenever I had a bad day, I would receive a sweet phone call, a thank you email, a funny Facebook post or and Instagram picture.
I cannot thank you enough for your support, your kind words and your encouragement! Here’s to 2014!
50% off our complete range
For only 24 hours starting at 31 December 00.01am AEST
I believe the way we leave the old year and enter the new year is how the year will be marked. To start the new year I clean the house, put on crisp sheets, burn incense and have my Moroccan Hammam at home ritual before the clock strikes midnight. You can download my free booklet on how to recreate your very own hammam at home here.
As we come to the end of the year, I want to thank you for your continuous support.
From 31 December at 00.01 to 23.59, before the clock strikes at midnight, I am offering you the most amazing deal of the year – 50% off on all our products on our website!*
100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil
$39.90 SALE PRICE $19.95
Moroccan Body Moisturiser with Argan Oil
$29.90 SALE PRICE $14.95
Moroccan Rose Water Toning Mist
$19.90 SALE PRICE $9.95
Moroccan Savon Noir
$29.90 SALE PRICE $14.95
Moroccan Rhassoul Clay
$34.90 SALE PRICE $17.45
Moroccan Exfoliating Glove
$19.90 SALE PRICE $9.95
As most of you are on holidays and are not near a computer or phone all the time, we are happy to take pre-orders, Email us with your order list. Orders over $60 receive free Express Postage (Australia only).
I wish you a happy, joyful and healthy 2014!
Jamila El Maroudi
*this offer excludes Mira’s Hand Hammam at home set
We have moved into a pop up shop! Visit our store at 74 Johnston Street, Collingwood, Victoria. Come and check out some fantastic Xmas deals from us at Mira’s Hand, our friends at La Gaia and Spa Fresh Blends.
Open 9.30am – 6.30pm daily. Last day of trading is Friday 20 December.
We will finish the year with an end of year party at the shop from 4pm onwards on Friday 20 December.
Email me to score an invite to come dance and eat and drink and be merry and all that jazz!